Denomination: Christian Reformed Church in North America
Weekly Attendance: 550 (membership 706)
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
The Role: The Worship Pastor/Director* will steward the worship ministry, providing leadership and oversight to all aspects of worship and music at Gateway and will relentlessly identify, develop, and empower vocalists and musicians to cultivate a life-giving, passionate, skillful culture of music and worship.
* title dependent on qualifications, education and experience
Gateway Community Church (Abbotsford, B.C.) has begun their search for a Worship Pastor/Director. Each week this gifted artist will be responsible for creating an inspired worship service which encourages the 500+ adults who gather weekly to join their hearts and voices in worship, and cultivating a culture of worship.
The ideal candidate for this position is a dedicated Christ-follower, gifted leader both musically and creatively, with proficient knowledge of worship technology, leading teams, and experience serving the local church and leading congregational worship. He or she will also possess strong social skills, a strong work ethic, and thrive in a collaborative, team-focused, environment. That skill set will be supported by an appreciation and understanding of the overall flow of the worship service, as well as a desire to think creatively about the different elements within it, and how worship can be incorporated into daily life and weekly ministries.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who loves building teams and architecting creative gatherings designed to connect with people, and has a heart for leading Christ-centered worship. This person will have a deep understanding of the gospel and how it transforms the world.
SKILLS AND DIRECTIVES
- Approaches ministry with a servant mentality.
- Ability to build and cultivate a Spirit-filled worship experience.
- Ability to recruit and develop multiple worship teams of talented and passionate worship leaders and band members. This is a high expectation.
- Has an innate platform presence.
- Effective leader with clear leadership goals.
- Ability to lead worship and speak.
- Fosters relationships with the church community and is highly relational.
- Ability to disciple people outside of a weekend worship experience and not just lead songs.
- Is passionate about team-based ministry.
- Brings a balance of hard work, motivation, drive, and fun.
- Proficient in Sight Reading and Music Theory
- Capable of leading a full band with trained musicians
- Able to communicate and execute vocal harmonies
- Comfortable leading with or without an instrument - guitar is preferred
- Office and Administrative skills
- Proficient knowledge of worship technology
- Planning Center Online
- Google Apps
- CCLI & SongSelect
- ProPresenter and/or Proclaim
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3-5+ years of experience in worship
- Experience in developing worship teams
- Ministry training within Reformed church is preferred
- Loves Jesus and allows that love and character to shine through their life.
- A servant leader, not just a talented performer.
- One who cares deeply about being a part of, and building, a spiritual family. We lead relationally, not by title or position.
- Vocally gifted worship leader who is Spirit-led. Naturally knows how to “flow” between songs and build momentum during the worship set.
- A decentralized approach to ministry. Gifted at developing and multiplying strong worship teams (band/vocals)
- Strong leadership abilities and is relatable so others can connect with them.
- A creative visionary leader who brings fresh ideas to the table and enjoys working with a team.
Our Vision (i.e. our statement of a desired future) here at Gateway is “To be a healthy, growing, and diverse family of God expressing the good news of God’s Kingdom that transforms lives in our church, in our city, and in our world.”
Our Mission is to glorify God by “Helping People to Love and Serve Jesus.”
We envision our new Worship Pastor/Director to join us in that vision by exhibiting a deep love for God and His people, an eagerness to share in the mission and vision of our congregation, and the hunger, qualities, and competencies detailed in our job description below.
Also, if you are interested in learning more about Gateway Church and the Abbotsford community, please review our profile.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please feel free to email Pastor Justin. Should you not have personal interest, please feel free to share this announcement with your colleagues. Thanks in advance for any consideration you may provide.
After some time in prayer you think the Lord is leading you to apply, please do! If you would like to send us your resume or CV, please click on the link below.